Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dream

I dreamt of my old friend on 6/6/14. In the dream, I asked about her father's health. She said he passed away in "May", some time between 14th to 15th.

Incidentally, Shangpa Rinpoche had teachings in Pasadena from 6/6 to 6/8. I thought it was just a dream to remind me about the possibility of seeing her. So, I didn't bother to call. However, I didn't see her in the teaching. My curiosity overcame me and I decided to text. She said there was no bad news. So, I thought it was an incorrect dream. I was so wrong.

On 6/11, Shamar Rinpoche unexpectedly passed away in Germany. I went to regular weekly Bodhi Path Pasadena meeting the same night for a special ritual practice for the loss. I met my old friend this time. We had the refuge vow together with Shamar Rinpoche years ago. She put the dream in a different perspective. She said "father" might mean the Rinpoche and "May" might mean Chinese calendar's 5th month. I checked and 6/11 is the 14th day of the 5th Month. (For Tibetan calendar, 6/11 is 13th day of 4th month).

Yesterday, 6/23, I dreamt of Shamar Rinpoche. When mentioning about his students, he said: "I shall call them 'my son'".

One may say the more recent dream is a make-believe to the perspective proposed by my old friend. However, the dream on 6/6 seems to be a correct prediction. I feel obliged to write them down.

No comments: