Thursday, June 21, 2018

Pure

When I was in the Buddhist gathering last night, I made a comment about someone being a pure American for not following the recent soccer events. It struck me that people around had some emotions about pure. It might be related to some recent ethic issues in US that ticked off all us. But I was referring to pure American culture instead of race. It seems that US is not really with the world for its soccer fever. I know that I always get into trouble with my comments. Hopefully, I should be more careful in wording.

As I wrote in earlier post, I am getting more to think events in life are convoluted together. I recently made a gentleman, whom we discussed a bit about history and politics. I mentioned White Man's Burden to lament the chaos of Iran in recent decades and my friend could immediately identified Rudyard Kipling, the author of the poem. Not to mention about the imperialism, the "White Man" idea is probably a pretty racist stand. I never really talked about Kipling and racism to anybody before. Then, within the same week, I got into a racist discussion in a Buddhist gathering.

No comments: